Cordell & Cordell Foster City divorce attorney Kimberly E. Lewellen recently earned distinction as a Certified Family Law Specialist from the California State Bar Association. She obtained this distinction by meeting rigorous standards for education, experience, and knowledge in the field of family law.
To gain recognition as a Certified Family Law Specialist, attorneys must meet the following general requirements:
- Passage of a written examination in the legal specialty area
- Practice law continuously for at least five years, spending at least 25 percent of the time given to occupational endeavors practicing in the specialty area
- Completion of continuing education in the specialty area greater than that required of general licensees of the bar
- Demonstration of a broad-based and comprehensive experience in the specialty area based on completion of a variety of matters in the specialty area
- Favorable evaluations by other attorneys and judges familiar with the attorney’s work in the specialty area of law
Out of almost 200,000 attorneys in California, approximately only 1,200 have garnered the Certified Family Law Specialist recognition.
Ms. Lewellen, who practices out of Cordell & Cordell’s Foster City office, has previously been recognized as a Northern California Rising Star in family law by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters rating service of outstanding lawyers. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law and received her Bachelor of Science from San Francisco State University.
By choosing a Certified Family Law Specialist, you are selecting a California divorce lawyer who has displayed a deep understanding of all areas of California family law, including divorce, child support, child custody, property division, spousal support, visitation, modifications, and more.
To get in touch with a Cordell & Cordell California fathers’ rights attorney, call 650-389-1111 or fill out this online contact form.