Dads Rights & Divorce in Oklahoma | Cordell & Cordell


Request a consultation.

Cordell & Cordell serves men and fathers going through divorce in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and surrounding areas, including Wagoner County, Rogers County, Osage County, Creek County, Pawnee County, and Washington County. Our divorce attorneys handle child custody, paternity, modification, and other issues affecting dads rights in Oklahoma.

Cordell & Cordell’s divorce attorneys are committed to delivering the best service possible, and we fight to be a partner men can count on while going through a divorce in Oklahoma.

To schedule an appointment, call 1-866-DADS-LAW or your local office.

Oklahoma Divorce FAQ

What are the grounds for filing for divorce in Oklahoma?

A divorce in Oklahoma may be granted on the basis of adultery, abandonment, fraud, cruelty, imprisonment, conviction of a felony, living apart, and others. However, the vast majority of divorces are granted on a no-fault basis, meaning that the marriage is beyond any reasonable hope of reconciliation.

How much will my divorce cost?

Each case is different and cost varies depending on the circumstances involved in each matter.

Can I annul my marriage?

Yes. In Oklahoma an annulment can be granted under very limited and specific circumstances.

Not finding the answer you are looking for? Browse our entire Oklahoma Divorce FAQ.

Oklahoma Child Custody Questions

Who will get custody of our child?

Determination of custody of your minor children will depend on varying factors. Oklahoma courts specifically look at what will be in the best interests of the minor child.

Can a parent refuse visitation?

No. Oklahoma courts do not allow for visitation to be withheld regardless of the status of child support.

Can I modify custody?

Custody can only be modified upon a change in circumstances and a showing that such a modification is in the best interests of the minor child.

Not finding the answer you are looking for? Browse our entire Oklahoma Child Custody FAQ.