Skip to main content
Office Location

Tulsa, OK

Cordell & Cordell divorce attorneys exclusively practice family law with a focus on men’s divorce.
4200 East Skelly Drive
Suite 251
Tulsa, OK 74135

8:30 am – 5:30 pm


Book Your Initial Consultation

We offer phone and online scheduling. Initial consultations last one hour and provide an opportunity to address your specific questions and goals with an attorney.


Tulsa, OK Practice Areas

Divorce can be the most trying period in a man’s life. Cordell & Cordell, a domestic law firm, hopes to make it easier for you and your children. Cordell & Cordell offers legal representation in Peoria, Arizona and surrounding areas. Our divorce attorneys are committed to delivering the best service and fight to be a partner men can count on.

Frequently Asked Tulsa, OK Questions

Is there a mandatory waiting period in Tulsa County before a divorce can be granted? How long will a divorce take?

For a divorce with minor children, there is a 90-day waiting period from the date the Petition is filed.

For an uncontested divorce without minor children, there is a 10-day waiting period from the date the Petition is filed.

The length of time for a divorce cannot be predicted. It could occur anywhere from 10 days to a couple years, depending on whether there are minor children, the complexity of the issues, and the level of agreement between the parties.

How can I serve my spouse in Tulsa County? If attempts to serve do not work, can I serve by publication?

A party may be properly served in Tulsa County through a private process server, service through the sheriff’s department, or certified mail with the return receipt signed and filed with the court. Additionally, a Waiver of Service can be signed and filed with the court clerk.

Service by publication is allowed when stated in the petition or by affidavit filed with the court stating that despite due diligence service cannot be made by other means.

Service shall be made by publication of a notice, signed by the court clerk, one day a week for three consecutive weeks in a newspaper that is authorized by law to publish legal notices in the county where the Petition is filed. The Tulsa World is authorized to publish legal notices in Tulsa County.

What are the specific forms I will need to file for a divorce in Tulsa County?

You must file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with a cover sheet and a summons. The cover sheet is available on the Tulsa County District Court website.

Where do I file for divorce?

You must file for divorce at the Tulsa County District Court located at 500 S. Denver. The court clerk is located on the 2nd floor of the building and there is a specific desk for family relations.

single day enjoying time with his children

Oklahoma State Resources

Laws can vary from state to state.
Connect with a local Cordell & Cordell attorney for accurate, state-specific legal advice on divorce, custody, and spousal support issues.
cordell icon white

Why Hire
Cordell & Cordell?

Men hire Cordell & Cordell because the firm’s entire focus is on aggressively championing the rights of men and fathers through divorce. Our attorneys understand how the deck is often stacked against guys in family law and are committed to leveling the playing field by providing the legal guidance and resources needed to give them a fair chance at success.