Skip to main content
Office Location

Overland Park, KS

Cordell & Cordell divorce attorneys exclusively practice family law with a focus on men’s divorce.
7500 College Blvd.
Suite 500
Overland Park, KS 66210

By appointment only


Book Your Initial Consultation

We offer phone and online scheduling. Initial consultations last one hour and provide an opportunity to address your specific questions and goals with an attorney.


Directions to Overland Park, KS Office

Where is the Overland Park Office? To get to the Overland Park, KS Cordell & Cordell office from I-435, take exit 79 for Metcalf and then head south. You will then make a right on College Blvd., and the office will be on the right.

Parking: There is open parking in the lot for visitors to use.

Please be advised consultations are limited to yourself and the attorney (no other person may be present in the consultation). This appointment will be contingent upon a conflict check. We will email an appointment confirmation after the review is complete. If you have already met with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, please call 1-866-DADS-LAW to schedule your appointment.

A consultation fee is due at the time of your appointment.

Overland Park, KS Practice Areas

Divorce can be the most trying period in a man’s life. Cordell & Cordell, a domestic law firm, hopes to make it easier for you and your children. Cordell & Cordell offers legal representation in Peoria, Arizona and surrounding areas. Our divorce attorneys are committed to delivering the best service and fight to be a partner men can count on.

Frequently Asked Overland Park, KS Questions

How long do I have to live in Johnson County before I can file for divorce?

There is no requirement regarding how long you must live in Johnson County before filing for divorce.

The only residency requirement is that one of the parties has lived somewhere in the state of Kansas for at least 60 days prior to filing for divorce

Is there a mandatory waiting period in Johnson County before a divorce can be granted?

Yes, there is mandatory waiting period of 60 days before a divorce will be granted.

How can I serve my spouse in Johnson County? If attempts to serve do not work, can I serve by publication?

Personal service is the best way to serve your spouse. You may also serve your spouse through certified mail.

The courts generally frown upon service by publication although it is an option in certain circumstances.

What are the specific forms I will need to file for a divorce in Johnson County?

At a minimum, you need to file a Civil Information Sheet, Request and Service Instruction Form, and Petition.

Other forms may be required as well if you are seeking temporary spousal or child support or any other temporary orders.

Where do I file for divorce?

You must file for divorce at the District Court of Johnson County located at 100 N. Kansas in Olathe.

single day enjoying time with his children

Kansas State Resources

Laws can vary from state to state.
Connect with a local Cordell & Cordell attorney for accurate, state-specific legal advice on divorce, custody, and spousal support issues.
cordell icon white

Why Hire
Cordell & Cordell?

Men hire Cordell & Cordell because the firm’s entire focus is on aggressively championing the rights of men and fathers through divorce. Our attorneys understand how the deck is often stacked against guys in family law and are committed to leveling the playing field by providing the legal guidance and resources needed to give them a fair chance at success.