Call Us Fathers' Rights

Mount Laurel

Cordell & Cordell is a partner dads can count on during one of the toughest challenges of their lives. The family law attorneys at our Mount Laurel, New Jersey, office are dedicated to helping men with any divorce issue, including property division, alimony, child support and child custody.

Our mission is to give men the legal support they and their children deserve both in and out of the courtroom.

Divorce Attorneys Dedicated to Helping Men

Divorce takes an emotional toll on everyone, no matter how tough you are. The decisions you make during this time will have an enormous impact on you financially for the rest of your life.

More importantly, your level of involvement in your children’s lives can also be affected. Our attorneys take the time to listen to your concerns and work diligently to champion your rights and the rights of your children in family court.

We know how critical this transition is and promise to walk you through each step of the process while doing everything possible to protect what’s most important to you.

Advocates For Dad’s Rights and Fathers’ Rights

Since 1990, Cordell & Cordell has fought against numerous stereotypes that men and fathers face in the family court system. Our firm’s focus on men’s divorce gives our attorneys a unique understanding of the challenges men face in a New Jersey family law courtroom.

Despite battling a system that seems predisposed against them, Cordell & Cordell has risen to establish ourselves as a partner men can count on.

At Cordell & Cordell, we understand the unique challenges military families face during divorce.

Client Testimonials


“Nancy is very diligent at what she does. She makes sure she has all her bases covered. You don’t want to have to need an attorney, but you want to have one that is going to do due diligence. Nancy definitely [does a] good job!”


“Rebecca has done everything possible in my case. I cannot say anything negative. Rebecca is very polite and very kind. Rebecca is very witty too. I am pretty easygoing, but when I get thinking of what has happened I get mad. … Rebecca seems to calm me down, because there are things that have to take their course. Rebecca knows exactly what is happening in my case at all times and how to make me think in better ways.”


“You all are extremely professional and helped me with every single step of the way. I really had no idea what to expect when I first came in, but [my attorney] took care of everything perfectly.”

Frequently Asked Mt. Laurel Divorce Questions

How long do I have to live in Mt. Laurel before I can file for divorce?

In New Jersey, the residency requirement is one year unless you file under adultery.

Is there a mandatory waiting period in Mt. Laurel before a divorce can be granted?

There is no mandatory waiting period. The New Jersey courts want divorces to be completed within one year of the filing of the divorce complaint.

More complex divorces take longer than a year, but most are completed within a year.

How can I serve my spouse in Mt. Laurel? If attempts to serve do not work, can I serve by publication?

Service is normally completed by the sheriff in the county in which your spouse lives. A person may also use a courier service to personally serve their spouse.

Service by publication is allowed, but only after receiving permission from the court, which is done by filing a motion with the court and explaining all attempts to serve your spouse. The court generally directs you to which publication to publish the service in.

What are the specific forms I will need to file for a divorce in Mt. Laurel?

All of the forms for filing for divorce in Mt. Laurel can be found at these New Jersey divorce court websites: or

Where do I file for divorce in Mt. Laurel?

Complaints for divorce must be filed in Superior Court of New Jersey in the county in which you reside:

In Burlington County (where Mt. Laurel is located), you would file at the Burlington County Courthouse located at 49 Rancocas Road in Mt. Holly.

Other nearby counties include Camden and Gloucester. To file for divorce in Camden County, go to the Camden County Courthouse located at 101 S. Fifth St. on the second floor in Camden.

In Gloucester County, you would file for divorce at the Gloucester County Justice Complex located at 70 Hunter St. in Woodbury.

For a list of locations in other counties, please visit:

How much are filing fees at the local courthouse?

A divorce complaint is $300 and an Answer and/or Counter-Claim is $175.

If there are children involved, there is also a $25 Parenting Education Class fee.

The fee is $50 for all Dissolution Motions and Cross-Motions. There is no fee for Non-Dissolution Motions and Cross Motions.