Call Us Fathers' Rights


Cordell & Cordell is a partner dads can count on during one of the toughest challenges of their lives. The family law attorneys at our Noblesville, Indiana, office are dedicated to helping men with any divorce issue, including property division, alimony, child support and child custody.

Our mission is to give men the legal support they and their children deserve both in and out of the courtroom.

Divorce Attorneys Dedicated to Helping Men

Divorce takes an emotional toll on everyone, no matter how tough you are. The decisions you make during this time will have an enormous impact on you financially for the rest of your life.

More importantly, your level of involvement in your children’s lives can also be affected. Our attorneys take the time to listen to your concerns and work diligently to champion your rights and the rights of your children in family court.

We know how critical this transition is and promise to walk you through each step of the process while doing everything possible to protect what’s most important to you.

Advocates For Dad’s Rights and Fathers’ Rights

Since 1990, Cordell & Cordell has fought against numerous stereotypes that men and fathers face in the family court system. Our firm’s focus on men’s divorce gives our attorneys a unique understanding of the challenges men face in a Indiana family law courtroom.

Despite battling a system that seems predisposed against them, Cordell & Cordell has risen to establish ourselves as a partner men can count on.

At Cordell & Cordell, we understand the unique challenges military families face during divorce.

Frequently Asked Noblesville Divorce Questions

How long do I have to live in Noblesville before I can file for divorce?

You must live in the state of Indiana for six months to file for divorce and in the particular county for three months to file for divorce in that county.

Is there a mandatory waiting period in Noblesville before a divorce can be granted?

In Indiana, there is a 60-day waiting period, which starts on the date of filing the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.

A divorce in Indiana can take, at a minimum, 60 days, but the vast majority of dissolution cases take several months depending on the issues and how agreeable the parties are.

How can I serve my spouse in Hamilton County? If attempts to serve do not work, can I serve by publication?

You can serve your spouse via certified mail, by sheriff, or by private process server. On the Summons you file with your Petition for Dissolution, you will indicate how you wish your spouse to be served.

If your spouse’s whereabouts are unknown and you have made diligent efforts to locate her, you can serve your spouse via publication.

You may request that the clerk’s office set up service of Summons by publication, which requires a $75 fee payable to the Times or the Noblesville Star.

What are the specific forms I will need to file for a divorce in Hamilton County?

To file for dissolution, you need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage, a Summons for the court to submit to the opposing party, and a Chronological Case Summary Entry (CCS Entry), which is a document listing what you are filing with the court.

Make sure you include multiple copies of the Petition, Summons, and CCS Entry, so that the court may keep a copy, and so that your spouse will receive a copy by whatever method of service you choose.

If you would like to ask the court to issue temporary orders regarding custody, child support, or payment of monthly marital debts, you can also file a Praecipe for Provisional Hearing.

If you are requesting a provisional hearing, you should include a proposed order setting the hearing for the court to fill out when it grants your request. Also, make sure you request a specific amount of time for your hearing if you will need more than 15 minutes.

Where do you file for divorce in Noblesville?

In Hamilton County, you will file the Petition with the clerk’s office, who will then assign the case to a Hamilton County Superior Court.

How much are filing fees in Hamilton County?

Filing fees for Hamilton County are $136, plus an additional $13 if you are requesting the sheriff serve your spouse.

Are there any Hamilton County-Specific laws that are different from how other family law cases around the state are handled?

In Hamilton County, both parties must fill out and file a financial declaration form within three days of a preliminary hearing or within 10 days of a final hearing.

If the parties file an Agreement without engaging in litigation, financial declaration forms do not need to be filed with the court.

The parties are also required to attend a Child Cope With Divorce seminar if the parties have minor children in common at the time of the dissolution proceeding.

Noblesville Client Testimonials


“Kimberly really has great insight on what needs to be done.  She keeps you upbeat and positive and that’s appreciated.  It’s easy to be down all the time in these situations (like custody) and let that slide. Kimberly keeps you focused.”


“As hectic as things get in a process like this, it was very comforting to have [my attorney] to decipher what was needed and go through things with me. [My attorney] did an outstanding job with everything. He was awesome.”


“Totally professional, thoughtful, and absolutely looking around the corner. [My attorney] brought some things to the table that I haven’t thought of yet. Instead of waiting 1-2 years for issues to arise, [my attorney] brought those to my attention so we could address them now. Everything went very well from the initial meeting to the signing of the last paperwork.”