For non-custodial dads paying child support, the Missouri Supreme Court has issued an order that will boost Clayton, Missouri dads rights by increasing the maximum overnight credit from 38 percent to 50 percent. This means that dads who spend more than 109 overnights per year get more credit for that time spent with their children.
Here is a breakdown of the new increase in child support overnight credits that helps fathers rights in Clayton:
– There is a 0 percent increase for less than 36 overnights per year.
– For 36 through 72 overnights per year, the credit is 6 percent.
– For 73 through 91 overnights per year, the credit is 9 percent.
– 92 through 109 overnights per year equals a credit of 10 percent.
– For 110 or more overnights per year, the credit is from 0 through 50 percent at the discretion of the court.
A condition set on the overnight credit is that the custodial parent meets certain minimum income requirements. Clayton fathers rights advocates certainly know that more time spent with children is having a positive effect on both the father’s and the children’s lives.
If you are a dad who needs to update his overnight credit with the court, call Cordell & Cordell’s Clayton fathers rights attorneys at 1-866-DADS-LAW.