Fathers' Rights


Divorce can be an emotional, painful and stressful process. So many things that are important to you – your finances, your house, even your relationship with your kids – are threatened by it.

During this difficult time you need someone in your corner you know you can count on to champion your rights in family court.

Our Memphis, Tennessee, attorneys understand what you are going through and will be there to walk you through each step of the process. They’ll listen to your concerns and work diligently to help you achieve your goals in court and move on to the next chapter of your life.

Our Memphis office also handles cases in Mississippi. Please contact us for more details.

Divorce Attorneys Dedicated to Helping Men

Cordell & Cordell’s Memphis attorneys exclusively practice family law with a focus on men’s divorce so that they have a better understanding of the unique challenges you’ll face in the family court system as a man and father.

Our Memphis attorneys can handle a wide range of family law issues from uncontested divorce to complex asset division.

We know how stressful this transition is and will work with you to preserve what is most important to you so that you can move on to the next chapter of your life.

Office Directions and Parking Information

Address: 6410 Poplar Ave., Tower 2, Suite 350, Memphis, TN, 38119

Cross Streets: The main entrance into the complex is at the corner of Massey and Poplar Avenue.

**An alternate entrance (some GPS devices take you here) is at International Boulevard.

Landmarks: Our main entrance is located in the International Place Center where International Paper is also located. Walgreens is across from the entrance on Massey Road.

Parking Info: Abundant and complimentary parking is on your left with designations for Tower 2. There is also a row for visitor parking on your right.

There are signs for each tower and the signs designate the parking for each tower (i.e., “Parking for Tower 2”).

Directions: As you drive into the main complex you will see signs for each tower and where to park for each one. We are located in Tower 2. Enter at the International Place Center and turn left at the “T”. Proceed past Tower 1 on the right. Tower 2 is the next building. Enter the building through the revolving door and proceed to the elevators. We are on the third floor.

**If you enter through the alternate entrance of International Boulevard: Immediately in front of you will be the three towers. Drive straight past the two entrances to the parking garage. Take the third entrance on your left. Go to the top of the parking garage ramp, turn left, and Tower 2 is directly in front of you. The first row of parking is reserved for visitors.

Advocates For Dad’s Rights and Fathers’ Rights

Joseph E. Cordell and his wife, Yvonne, founded Cordell & Cordell in 1990. It has since grown into one of the largest family law firms serving men in the world with more than 100 offices across the United States. In 2015, the firm opened its first international office in the United Kingdom.

At Cordell & Cordell, we understand the unique challenges military families face during divorce.

Client Testimonials


“Jaimie is very professional – Jaimie knows her stuff, is courteous and responsive and addresses all of my questions to my satisfaction. You have a very good attorney and representative of your firm!”


“From square one Rachel was always on my side. In her I felt like I had a partner, not just an attorney, although she was a fantastic attorney.”


“I am very, very happy with how things have been handled. … Cassie is doing a great job!”

Frequently Asked Memphis Divorce Questions

How long do I have to live in Memphis to file for divorce?

Six months.

Is there a mandatory waiting period in Shelby County before a divorce can be granted?

Yes, the waiting period is 90 days if you have minor children, 60 days if there are no minor children.

How can I serve my spouse in Memphis? If attempts to serve do not work, can I serve by publication?

Your spouse may be served by the sheriff or a private process server. If you cannot find your spouse, you should speak to an attorney regarding serving by publication and which local publications you should contact.

What are the specific forms I will need to file for a divorce in Shelby County?

There are several forms required that can be obtained from the Shelby County Courthouse by speaking with the court clerk.

Where do I file for divorce in Shelby County?

You must file for divorce at the Shelby County Courthouse. Your case will be assigned to either Chancery Court or Circuit Court located at 140 Adams Ave. in Memphis.

How much are filing fees at the Shelby County Courthouse?

Filing fees depend on whether or not you have minor children. A filing fee for a divorce with no minor children costs $301.50. Divorce with minor children results in a filing fee of $376.50, according to the Shelby County website.