This testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Past results afford no guarantee of future results and that every case is different and must be judged on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Brackets indicate that a name has been changed. Ellipsis indicate that text has been removed.
Licenses & Admissions
Mr. Sutton is licensed in Georgia.
Mr. Sutton received his Bachelor of Science in Public Service from Macon State College. He earned his Juris Doctor from Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School and graduated in the top 13% of his class.
Prior to joining Cordell & Cordell, Mr. Sutton was the founder, president, and attorney for The Sutton Law Office, a family law, mediation, and criminal defense firm in Kennesaw, Ga. He litigated hundreds of cases throughout the Metro-Atlanta area primarily in the areas of family law and divorce. He was also the Assistant Director and lead attorney for a clinic styled office dedicated to providing family law representation and legal services to those of limited financial means. In addition to his experience as a litigator, he is also an experienced mediator and guardian ad litem. He also regularly volunteered pro bono legal services through the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, and the Cobb County Justice Foundation.
- State Bar of Georgia, 2010
- Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar, Chairman 2015
- Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar, Treasurer 2013
- Atlanta Bar Association, 2010
- Cobb County Bar Association, 2010
- Registered Neutral/Mediator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
Awards while in law school:
- The Custer-Tuggle Award of Excellence in Family Law
- Cali Excellence Award for Domestic Relations
- Cali Excellence Award for Professional Responsibility
- Cali Excellence Award for Legal Writing, Pretrial Procedure
Post-law school community awards:
- Fulton County District Attorney’s Certificate for Outstanding Service
- Young Litigators of Solstice Award of Appreciation
Speeches, Seminars, & Publications
- “Pre-Divorce Mediation” Published in the Spring 2012 edition of the Bar publication DR Currents.
- “Conflict Resolution in Court, in Politics, and in Life” Published in The Bright Side Newspaper, Kennesaw, Georgia in March 2011.
Mr. Sutton has published many law and mediation related articles online including:
- “The Child’s Choice: How Age of Election Works in Georgia”
- “Parenting Plan: What it is and How it Works”
- ” New Divorce Options for the New Year”
- “Getting the Most From Your GAL: Working with a Guardian Ad Litem”
- “Effectively Preparing for Mediation”
- “How to Negotiate Better in Three Steps”
- Mr. Sutton presented the interactive online web seminar “Divorce 101” in 2011.
- Mr. Sutton has been a guest lecturer in college level conflict resolution classes.
- Mr. Sutton has been the guest speaker at multiple middle and high schools on subjects such as the US Constitution, civil rights, resolving conflicts, and careers in law.
- Mr. Sutton has been an associate trainer for CLE and CEU seminars.
- Mr. Sutton is also a former coach and current regular judge for Atlanta Teen Court and Moot Court competitions.
Mr. Sutton frequently contributes responses to Ask a Lawyer questions for DadsDivorce.com.
“I had a great relationship with Adam. He worked with me very well and was very patient and understanding. I really appreciated this to help get me through a difficult time.”
“I liked the services, the follow-up and the Client Portal. It made me feel confident that you were attending to my needs and helped me to keep track of costs. I felt like I could trust your team to do what they needed to do for me.”
“Adam is great. He is always good about calling and getting a hold of me. The firm is awesome. You helped through my first divorce and custody suit. I have been very happy with the whole experience.”
“Adam Sutton is a fantastic listener and fabulous in working strategy with me to achieve my goals. I receive updates weekly. The whole team at Cordell & Cordell has treated me great. …”
“Adam always gets back with me right [away] and is professional. I have to say he has completed his research and knows my case well.”
“Adam always responded. Even when he was busy with other cases, he always made it a priority to get back to me. Everything was great.”
“From the moment I contacted Cordell & Cordell, I was shown great respect and attention by everyone I came into contact with. I was very impressed by the resources, both personal and electronic, that were available to me during my case. My attorney, Adam Sutton, was calm, well-informed, and responsive. Excellent lawyers, great infrastructure.”
“Adam is very direct; he provides you options without sugarcoating, which I like. It has been nice dealing with him since day one.”
“I really appreciate working with Adam. I have limited finances, and he has worked with me. Adam Sutton is great.”
“Adam was excellent. Your firm was referred to me by a colleague of mine who is also an attorney. I must say I was impressed with your entire staff at the firm. I always felt that everyone at the office was working on my behalf.”